Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory is committed to conducting groundbreaking research in science and technology, with a special focus on national priorities. As Lab leaders and employees, we are charged to serve as stewards of this enterprise, responsible for ensuring that it remains a valuable national asset. Our stewardship responsibilities extend to the Lab’s research, people, and resources, and we are committed to the following outcomes:
Highest Research Standards
- We conduct research of the highest quality, with honesty, accuracy, efficiency, and objectivity.
- We openly and objectively communicate the results of our research.
- We commit to following a strategic plan that maximizes the impact of our research.
- We maximize the impact of our research through publishing, data sharing, and technology transfer.
- We thoughtfully manage and lead our staff, who are central to achieving our mission.
- We strive to ensure a safe working environment.
- We foster a culture of respect and collaboration for everyone in our community and advance principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- We publish our research and help communicate to key stakeholders and the general public our role in the national scientific research enterprise.
Responsible Stewardship of Resources
- We exercise the highest standards of financial accountability and transparency.
- We develop the physical and digital infrastructure of the Lab to deliver world-class research well into the future.
- We are committed to the environmental management of our site and to sustainable operations.
- We manage all projects to the highest standards of performance.
- We ensure our staff have the ability secure the Lab’s assets, including our sites, equipment, and people.